Quick performance deterioration when No. of clients increases

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Thu Oct 17 07:51:27 UTC 2013

On 16/10/2013 7:07 μμ, Nikolaos Milas wrote:

> Although the test scales OK until 500 users per sec, then
> "error_connect_emfile" errors start again and performance
> deteriorates. See the attached comparative chart.

I resolved the "error_connect_emfile" errors by increasing the file
descriptors on the tsung machine. However, the behavior remains the same
(although no errors occur). I suspect that the problem may not be on the
nginx side but on the tsung box side: the latter may be unable to
generate a higher number of requests and handle the load.

So, I think this case might be considered "closed" until further testing
confirms findings (or rejects them).

Regards,
Nick