nginx and GeoLite2

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Oct 21 13:12:51 UTC 2013

Hello!

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 12:38:30PM +0300, wishmaster wrote:

> Hi
> I am planning to use GeoLite with nginx. On the MaxMind website there is an announcement:
>
> Announcement
> Free access to the latest in IP geolocation databases is now available in our GeoLite2 Databases
>
> I've used this db but nginx returned the error. Is it possible to use GeoLite2?

GeoLite2 databases use different format and different libraries
are needed to access them.  They are new and not supported by
nginx.

Use GeoLite databases instead (without "2").  Or use a CSV
version, a perl script to convert CSV files from MaxMind to nginx
ngx_http_geo_module configuration is in contrib.

http://nginx.org/en/donation.html