Passing / denying PHP requests

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Wed Oct 23 16:49:20 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 07:30:19AM -0700, Paul N. Pace wrote:

Hi there,

> created the location block, but I'm not so good with regular
> expressions and the block is assembled mostly through copy & paste.

If you don't like regex, don't use regex.

  location = /installdirectory/file_a.php {
    include global-configs/php.conf;
  };
  location = /installdirectory/file_b.php {
    include global-configs/php.conf;
  };
  location = /installdirectory/file_c.php {
    include global-configs/php.conf;
  };

You probably want another location{} to "deny", and that might be
"location ~ php$ {}", or it might be that nested inside

  location ^~ /installdirectory/ {}

depending on what else you want in the server config.

http://nginx.org/r/location for how the one location{} is chosen to
handle a request.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org