Handler invokation after upstream server being picked

Jan Algermissen jan.algermissen at nordsc.com
Fri Oct 25 10:30:34 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am writing a module that needs to add/change the HTTP Authorization server for an upstream request.

Since I am using a signature based authentication scheme where the signature base string includes the request host and port the header can only be added *after* the upstream module has determined which server to send the request to (e.g. after applying round-robin).

Is it possible to hook my module into that 'phase' and if so - what is the preferred way to do that?

I saw that I at least can access the target host and port set by the proxy module by reading the proxy module variables. However, that (of course) does only give the server group name to be used by the upstream module in the next step.

Jan