LDAP Auth only for external addresses

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Tue Sep 10 16:54:51 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 11:34:01AM +0200, Matthias Sidler wrote:

Hi there,

Untested, but...

> I configured a nginx 1.5.4 server with the ngnix-auth-ldap module. It works all fine, but im looking for an option to distinguish the client networks. My goal is, that users from the network 10.*.*.* and 172.*.*.* don't have to authenticate as all the others.
> Is that possible ?

I'd expect "satisfy any" to be involved in the solution --
http://nginx.org/r/satisfy

Do the notes at https://github.com/kvspb/nginx-auth-ldap/issues/7 help
at all? I don't know which specific versions of code you're using;
possibly newer versions don't need any workarounds.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org