Reverse proxy deleting ETag header from response

Jonathan Matthews contact at
Thu Sep 12 15:23:48 UTC 2013

On 12 Sep 2013 14:06, "ochronus" <nginx-forum at> wrote:
> Thank you again for your exhaustive answer.
> I think I won't drop HAProxy so soon ;)

As an aside, I'm pretty sure HAP doesn't do /anything/ meaningful with
etags as it doesn't examine response bodies' content, nor does it cache.
Very happy to be told otherwise, but you may  merely be seeing unintended
consequences if HAP seems to be doing something more appropriate with your
upstream's replies.