[ANN] ngx_openresty mainline version released

Yichun Zhang (agentzh) agentzh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 22:16:21 UTC 2013

Hello folks!

I am happy to announce that the new mainline version of ngx_openresty,, is now released:

Special thanks go to all the contributors for making this happen!

Below is the complete change log for this release, as compared to the
last (mainline) release,

 *   upgraded LuaNginxModule to 0.8.9.

     *   bugfix: the Nginx core does not send a default status line
         for the 101 status code. now we construct one ourselves in
         this case.

     *   bugfix: nil "pool" option values led to errors in

     *   bugfix: tcpsock:receive(0) could hang until new data arrived
         or the timeout error happened; now it always returns an
         empty string immediately. this new behaviour diverges from
         the LuaSocket library though.

     *   bugfix: for SPDY requests, we (temporarily) disable the Lua
         API functions ngx.location.capture,
         ngx.location.capture_multi, and ngx.req.socket, which are
         known to have problems in SPDY mode. The SPDY compatibility
         issue will eventually get fixed in the near future.

     *   refactor: removed our own "ctx->headers_sent" field because
         we should use Nginx core's "r->header_sent" instead.

 *   upgraded EchoNginxModule to 0.48.

     *   refactor: removed our own "ctx->headers_sent" field because
         we should use Nginx core's "r->header_sent" instead.

 *   bugfix: "./configure" now always removes existing Makefile
     before trying to generate a new one.

The HTML version of the change log with some helpful hyper-links can
be browsed here:

Have fun!