Nginx as an AUTH + proxy_pass in front of a mail server on the LAN; I'm missing something about passing the port #

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Sun Sep 22 20:36:02 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 01:28:02PM -0700, jen142 at promessage.com wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013, at 01:13 PM, Francis Daly wrote:

Hi there,

> >   proxy_set_header  Host $host:12345;

> That sounded promising, but, unfortunately ... no.
>
> Same beahvior -- initial reponse is without the portnum; add it
> manually, and all's well.

Fair enough.

Can you learn which part of the system creates the initial response? And
from what does it create it?

With that information, you may be able to learn what needs changing to
get the result you want.

What is the output of

 curl -i https://passthru.mydomain.com:12345/

(possibly with a "-k" in there, if the cert is a problem)?

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org