nginx.conf(5) man page

Florian Obser florian at
Tue Sep 24 14:24:31 UTC 2013

OpenBSD is working on replacing the (heavily patched) apache 1.3 in
base with nginx. During that work the question was raised if we can
have a nginx.conf(5) man page.
As a proof of concept I put a perl script together which scrapes the
pages on (below "Modules reference") and
generates a mdoc(7) file.
* what's the license of the documentation?
* is the documentation on generated from some
  sort of source file? Parsing the html works reasonably well but is not
* would there be interest to include a man page into the distribution
  once it's ready?
I'm not entirely sure you are real.