[ANNOUNCE] nginx-http-rdns module

Dmitry Shurupov dmitry.shurupov at flant.ru
Fri Sep 27 12:20:51 UTC 2013

Hi guys!

Our small Russian company (flant.com) is pleased to announce new module
called nginx-http-rdns.

As you can see from its name, the main feature of this module is making
reverse DNS lookups to get DNS name of client's IP address.

* usual rDNS lookup (saving result in $rdns_hostname variable) [rdns on];
* "double lookup": rDNS to get the name and DNS to get the IP address
back [rdns double];
* rewrite module support ("rdns" can be used inside "if" blocks);
* simple access control to allow/deny connections from given DNS names
[rdns_allow & rdns_deny].

We use this module in production for a long time so it should be pretty

Source code, docs (and your forks? :-)) are at GitHub:
The documentation based on our README file is here:

P.S. We have Russian documentation as well:

Dmitry Shurupov,
CSJC Flant
+7 (495) 721-10-27