Memory Pool

nginxsantos nginx-forum at
Wed Apr 9 08:55:42 UTC 2014

Nginx when it accepts a connection, it creates a memory pool for that
connection (allocating from heap). After which further memory requirement
for that connection will be allocated from that pool. This is good.
But, why don't we pre create the memory pools depending upon the number of
connections and use that pool. In the current approach if some connections
are coming up going down., we will be allocating and freeing to heap

Can someone please clarify why this has been done like this?