Case insensitive location

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at nginx.com
Fri Apr 11 13:22:47 UTC 2014

On Friday 11 April 2014 07:59:42 Callumpy wrote:
> I'm still having no luck with it.
>
> As I said before, when I use location ~* ^/card/, it just 404s all the time
> unless I disable my cache.
>
> Here is my cache code, I have no idea why it does this.
>
> # Cache setup.
>         location ~*  \.(jpg|jpeg|png|gif|ico|css|xml|js|woff)$ {
>                 expires 30d;
>                 root /home/site/public;
>                 add_header Pragma public;
>                 add_header Cache-Control "public, must-revalidate,
> proxy-revalidate";
>         }

A quote from the documentation (http://nginx.org/r/location):

   "Then regular expressions are checked, in the order of their appearance
    in the configuration file. The search of regular expressions terminates
    on the first match, and the corresponding configuration is used."

Let me guess, your "Cache setup" comes first?

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev