Requests being blocked client-side

justink101 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Apr 11 16:45:17 UTC 2014

I am seeing super strange behavior and I am absolutely stumped. If I open up
two tabs in Google Chrome (34), and in the first refresh our application
(foo.ourapp.com), which makes an ajax requests (via jQuery) that takes 20 or
so seconds to complete. Then in the other new tab hit refresh on
(foo.ourapp.com), the second tab blocks waiting until the ajax request on
the first tab finishes. Inspecting Chrome developer tools shows:

http://cl.ly/image/1s3V353o1v2c

However, if I open up Firefox and load up (foo.ourapp.com) while the long
running ajax request is firing in Chrome, it loads fine. Thus, I have
determined that the client (Chrome) is blocking requests client-side.
However, according to  http://www.browserscope.org/?category=network it says
Chrome supports 6 connections per hostname, which should be fine, as I am
only making two requests.

Any ideas on this? Pretty standard nginx config, with the following notable
exceptions:

     listen 443 deferred ssl spdy;

     add_header Strict-Transport-Security max-age=31556926;
     add_header X-XSS-Protection "1; mode=block";
     add_header Access-Control-Allow-Origin $scheme://$account.myapp.com;
     add_header X-Frame-Options DENY;
     add_header X-Content-Type-Options nosniff;

Running nginx/1.5.12 with SPDY 3.1.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,249233,249233#msg-249233