IMAP: auth_http

Shawn Za lists at
Mon Apr 14 07:13:14 UTC 2014

This dummy auth script has been the ONLY way I can get my imap or smtp
proxy working!

The problem is that I can only have either imap or smtp. The block below
works great, I just put my backend server (remote location) instead of, and my Auth-Port is 143. I see that nginx accepts SSL or
starttls but the backend must run 143 and no SSL. Took forever to get
that working. Is there a way I can make it so that I have some kind of
condition running based on imap or smtp protocol? I tried writing a php
script but everytime I call it with auth_http it does not work. Don't
even ask why, I tried so many ways. There must be a way without having
to call my database directly. The dummy auth script worked wonders but
as mentioned, I need both imap and smtp working and the one below is
just for imap. Please help me get this working!