Requests being blocked client-side

Lee Valentine lee at leev.net
Wed Apr 16 09:01:54 UTC 2014

Hi

On 16 April 2014 09:58, justink101 <nginx-forum at nginx.us> wrote:

> Maxim.
>
> Even after disabling SPDY and restarting nginx, still seeing the same
> behavior with requests blocking if another single request is outstanding in
> another tab.

Are you using php by any chance?  I had a problem showing these exact same
symptoms last week.  By default, php writes to files for sessions.  When a
session is started, the file is locked by the current process and is only
released at the end of the request or if session_write_close() is called.
 This will cause any requests in the same session to hang until the first
completes.  The process in this instance that is blocking is php and not
nginx.

We got around this by storing the session in Redis instead of files.

Cheers,
Lee