bug in spdy - 499 response code on long running requests

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at nginx.com
Wed Apr 16 11:18:32 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 16 April 2014 06:23:13 nanne wrote:
> Thanks for the update on this! I'll check it out, though I believe we will
> have to keep the current 1.4.7 stable for now.
>
> Sadly I am not able to provide a debug log on the production machine. I can
> provide one from a test-environment of course, but it seems beyond me to
> recreate the issues there :(.
>
> I'll keep trying, and if we can recreate them I'll post a debuglog, then
> update to the preview branch, and try again to see what has happened.

There is a contradiction between using an innovative experimental, actively
developed protocol and old versions of software.

I don't recommend "stable" branch with spdy since it receives only critical
bugs (like security related and some segfaults).  A lot of bugs in the spdy
module already have been fixed in 1.5.x.

Also note, that number of clients with spdy/2 support rapidly decreases.

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev