Requests being blocked client-side

justink101 nginx-forum at
Thu Apr 17 02:24:15 UTC 2014

Lee we switched to using memcached for sessions and this helped, but still
seeing blocking, though less time.

If we open two tabs, in the first page fire an ajax request that takes 20+
seconds to run, then in the second tab refresh, the page blocks loading in
the second tab, but now instead of waiting the entire 20+ seconds for the
first tab (ajax request) to finish, it only blocks around 8 seconds. See

It seems to be consistent, nearly 8 seconds of block every time. Any idea on
this? What other fileio could be blocking?