how to configure nginx with running apache ?

Steve Wilson lists-nginx at
Thu Apr 17 10:55:57 UTC 2014

I've had a situation whereby a legacy django install was running on
apache, nginx was used for caching static content on this and to serve
other locations.

I have another server that started off infront of apache and one by one
over several weeks vhosts were migrated to nginx with the default site
just a proxy to apache. I think there's one site still like this as the
site's important and the owner's too lazy^Wbusy to test the nginx
version that's been setup.