how to configure nginx with running apache ?

Steve Wilson lists-nginx at swsystem.co.uk
Thu Apr 17 10:55:57 UTC 2014

I've had a situation whereby a legacy django install was running on
apache, nginx was used for caching static content on this and to serve
other locations.

I have another server that started off infront of apache and one by one
over several weeks vhosts were migrated to nginx with the default site
just a proxy to apache. I think there's one site still like this as the
site's important and the owner's too lazy^Wbusy to test the nginx
version that's been setup.

Steve.

On 17/04/2014 11:34, Steve Holdoway wrote:

> Can anyone tell my what thebenefits are ( apart from .htaccess support, which I see all too often as a curse ) why anyone would do this in preference to just using a pure nginx solution?
>
> Sorry this is a bit of a hijack, but as a long time ( 1.3 on ) apache user, and nginx convert, I can't see why you would.
>
> Steve
>
> On 17/04/14 20:08, Joydeep Bakshi wrote:
>
>> Greetings !!
>>
>> I am new to nginx and seeking some help from this list.
>>
>> I already have apache running with vhosts and like to install nginx as a frontend accelerator before apache.
>> How can I configure nginx so that it can simply run with apache vhost ?
>>
>> Thanks

Links:
------