Commodo SSL

Silvio Siefke siefke_listen at web.de
Thu Apr 17 15:34:04 UTC 2014

Hello,

i try to run HTTPS with a commodo ssl certificate. I use the follow tutorial:

https://support.comodo.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1365

I has use cat to write one crt file. The configuration:

listen 80;
listen 443 ssl spdy;

ssl on;
ssl_certificate /etc/nginx/keys/silviosiefke_com.crt;
ssl_certificate_key /etc/nginx/keys/silviosiefke_com.key;
ssl_protocols SSLv3 TLSv1;
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;
ssl_ciphers "EECDH+AESGCM EDH+AESGCM EECDH -RC4 EDH -CAMELLIA -SEED !aNULL !eNULL !LOW !3DES !MD5 !EXP !PSK !SRP !DSS !RC4";

But nginx want not work. Nginx give me first only:

ks3374456 keys # rc-service nginx restart
 * Checking nginx' configuration ...
nginx: [emerg] PEM_read_bio_X509_AUX("/etc/nginx/keys/silviosiefke_com.crt") failed (SSL: error:0906D066:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:bad end line)
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
nginx: [emerg] PEM_read_bio_X509_AUX("/etc/nginx/keys/silviosiefke_com.crt") failed (SSL: error:0906D066:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:bad end line)
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
 * failed, please correct errors above                                                                                  [ !! ]
 * ERROR: nginx failed to stop

I think was begin and end with the cat command. I clean the file and now
nginx make start/stop but the connection want not works.

In Opera 12.16 come only > Sichere Verbindung: Schwerer Fehler (552), same
in Chrome. Firefox i has not on system.

Has someone expirence with commodo and can describe the way for nginx?

Thanks for help & Nice Day
Silvio