NginX reverse proxy with iRedMail Apache2

sim4life nginx-forum at
Fri Apr 18 05:07:13 UTC 2014

I changed the faulty line in NginX default config file to:

server {
        listen 80 default_server;
        listen [::]:80;

        root /usr/share/nginx/html;
        index index.html index.htm index.php;

        location / {
                proxy_set_header X-Real-IP  $remote_addr;
                proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For
                proxy_set_header Host $host;

        location ~ /\.ht {
                deny all;

So now, on hitting in the browser:

I get the error on the browser:
This webpage has a redirect loop
The webpage at has resulted in too many
redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party
cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration
issue and not a problem with your computer.

The NginX error is gone but the Apache error remains the same.
I think it's some config problem with setup of iRedMail so I'm going to
decommission Apache2 for iRedMail setup and move the entire iRedMail setup
on NginX directly.