how to allow apache to control SSL traffic ?

Joydeep Bakshi joydeep.bakshi at
Mon Apr 21 08:17:57 UTC 2014

I like to mention the following error from nginx log

*453 SSL_do_handshake() failed (SSL: error:140770FC:SSL
routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol) while SSL handshaking to

though the ssl is working fine with apache along (after proper modification
in apache vhost ) when nginx is down.

Any clue please ?