nginx reverse proxy hangs

chima s chima.s at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 15:46:40 UTC 2014

I've set up nginx as a reverse proxy for a jboss service and also serves
Static Pages. Its stop working after keeping server idle for some time.

During the time, when i call static page it serves.Also tried calling the
jboss directly it works.

Only the dynamic contents through reverse proxy doesn't work.

Once i restart the nginx service, it will start work.

Enabled the debug log, but did not find any error, except 499 in access log
as client closing the connection as they did not see anything.

Both the nginx and jboss not loaded, hardly gets request.

Is this a bug?

I'm using nginx 1.4.7-1~precise on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Thanks for any help!