problem with echo_before when proxying a server which sends gzipped content

Yichun Zhang (agentzh) agentzh at
Tue Apr 29 19:25:29 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 8:14 AM, Carsten Germer wrote:
> yes, it works with suppressing gzip between nginx and source-server with "proxy_set_header Accept-Encoding "deflate";"
> Thanks a bunch!
> I was aiming for a solution that preserves the gzip-compression between source and cache, but I'm caching long time, anyway.
>> add_before_body / add_after_body
> I did look at those before but I'd still have to find a way to get the $arg_callback to the URIs and output them with echo for the whole solution.

As the author of both the ngx_echo and ngx_xss modules, I'd recommend
ngx_xss module for your JSONP use case:

It should be a bit faster and also safer for this very case.