Cannot create directory alias (with php pages)

Francis Daly francis at
Thu Aug 14 17:32:15 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 04:04:47PM +0300, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
> On 14/8/2014 3:26 μμ, Francis Daly wrote:

Hi there,

> I have only decided to set:
>    fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $request_filename;
> following a suggestion from here:
> rather than $document_root. Would you thing this setting is really
> preferable/correct in our case or not?

I think it is both correct and preferable.

The variable has the right value (because you do
not care about the request "/dir/" indicating the file
"/usr/share/xhprof/xhprof_html/dir/index.php"); and it is clearer than
$document_root (which would normally be a directory name, if "alias"
were not involved here).

Francis Daly        francis at