proxied requests hang when DNS response has wrong ident

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at nginx.com
Mon Aug 18 13:22:23 UTC 2014

On Monday 18 August 2014 13:45:46 Jason Woods wrote:
[..]
> There's the fear there are significant changes from 1.6 to 1.7 that may
> introduce other problems, and would need to go through some extensive
> testing before we can commit. Especially as the 1.6 is labelled "stable" and
> the 1.7 "mainline" (and not stable) - maybe these terms aren't meant to
> convey the meaning they appear to though. I'll start discussion about
> testing 1.7 though.
[..]

It's a common misunderstanding about branches.
Check this out: http://nginx.com/blog/nginx-1-6-1-7-released/

In most cases the only care you need with the mainline branch is to read the
changelog before update.

Also you can consider to buy nginx plus license to get the official support
and thus feel yourself more confident.

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev