Nginx Windows | Keepalive timeouts location based

Maxim Dounin mdounin at
Tue Aug 26 17:02:09 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 12:50:08PM -0400, c0nw0nk wrote:

> I can't tell if this is working or not so i thought i would just ask and
> perhaps someone can inform me but with nginx keep alive timeouts can we set
> different timeout values per each location or file type being accessed ?
> Example :
> location ~ \.flv$ {
> flv;
> keepalive_timeout  60s;
> }
> location ~ \.mp4$ {
> keepalive_timeout  3600s;
> }

Yes, this will work.  The keepalive timer is set when nginx
finishes processing of a request and switches the connection to
the keepalive state.  The request configurations determines the
timeout value to be used.  Most notably, this allows to disable
keepalive after some specific requests.

Maxim Dounin