proxy_connect_timeout maximum

lspasam nginx-forum at
Fri Aug 29 18:07:05 UTC 2014

I am receiving "upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while
connecting to upstream, client" errors. They are comet calls and I wonder if
increasing the proxy_connect_timeout will help.   i have increased
proxy_send_timeout and proxy_read_timeout to 6000 and have turned off
proxy_buffering.  The docs say that the proxy_connect_timeout cannot
"usually" exceed 75s.  All my searches regarding nginx and comet return
config files that have proxy_connect_timeout values exceeding 75s.  Is there
a max value for this?