$time_iso8601 is not set for invalid HTTP?

igorb nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Dec 1 13:23:53 UTC 2014

Maxim Dounin wrote:

>  Use map instead:

Thanks, map works nicely :)

>  avoid using such "timestamped log names" at all as this approach implies
unneeded overhead on opening/closing files for each request.

I use open_log_file_cache to mitigate this. Are there still problems with
that? I would prefer to keep things simple and avoid explicit log rotation.
The latter requires in my case more setup over a simple Docker container
with just nginx and extra log processing to extract monthly logs to feed
those to webalizer.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,255226,255239#msg-255239