Content-Type header not proxied to downstream hosts

Francis Daly francis at
Thu Dec 11 08:20:29 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 09:47:21PM -0500, hyperion wrote:

Hi there,

> I want to proxy requests with all headers that the request had to a
> downstream server if it matches a regex.

I suspect there may be a terminology confusion here; but from this mail,
I am not sure what problem you are reporting.

The client makes a request of nginx; nginx makes a request of upstream;
upstream sends a response to nginx; nginx sends a response to the client.

Two requests, two responses.

Which of those four sets of headers are you concerned about?

> The nginx conf is very simple.  I know the request sent to nginx contains
> the Content-Type header with value application/json from the access log:

I don't see that header value in this access_log.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at