nginx with proxy_cache_use_stale not returning from cache when connection refused

new299 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Dec 11 15:14:20 UTC 2014

Thanks, I've tried this. My amended configuration is below. However, I'm
still getting the same error when the upstream goes away. The cache
directory is now being populated correctly however. Any ideas?

----------

user www-data;
worker_processes 4;
pid /run/nginx.pid;

events {
        worker_connections 768;
        # multi_accept on;
}

http {
        upstream localsvr {
                server localhost:8080;
        }

        proxy_cache_path  /data/nginx/cache levels=1:2 keys_zone=one:8m
max_size=5000m inactive=300m;
        access_log /var/log/nginx/access.log;
        error_log /var/log/nginx/error.log;
        server {