stop automatic trailing slash addition

neubyr neubyr at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 00:00:29 UTC 2014

I was wondering if it's possible to have separate namespaces for '/test'
and /test/'. For example:

      location /test {
          root         /usr/share/nginx/test;
        }

         location /test/ {
           root         /usr/share/nginx/test-slash;
           try_files $uri default.txt;
        }

I tried above configuration, but nginx adds trailing slash to all '/test'
requests before they get processed by location directives. So all requests
are going to '/test/' location.

Is there any way to get separate namespace for /test and /test/ ? This not
for real world website. I am trying to learn more about location directive.

 - N