max_size on proxy_cache_path not working correctly

badtzhou nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Dec 16 19:01:05 UTC 2014

I am having problem with max_size setting on proxy_cache_path. I trying to
set a limit on disk caching space that can be used by nginx.
It works initially, but after a while the disk space used by nginx will grow
much larger than max_size limit that I set.
Feels like nginx cache manager die or stop tracking the caching for some
reason.

What could possibly caused this? Is there a limit on how many caching object
you can have? I am running nginx version 1.7.6

Thanks

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,255543,255543#msg-255543