Ignore content-type while forwarding to backend proxy

Roland RoLaNd r_o_l_a_n_d at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 23 15:10:09 UTC 2014

one of my apps, specifically those on IOS forwarded a content-type header..this is causing my backend server to mess up its security signature check....
i need to be able to ignore content-type headers...
assigning the header as empty "" does not work, (proxy_set_header Accept-Encoding "";)and also tried mapping the content-type and using the variable... though that did not work either as backend is very strict in that regard...

i need to be able to ignore it completely...
i tried adding proxy_hide_header Content-Type;

and tested,it's still sending content-type while directing traffic to backend..

any advice?