server blocks configured, but getting "hello world" of nginx

Josh Stratton strattonbrazil at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 17:13:24 UTC 2014

This is my nginx.conf page, which I haven't done anything with.  The
/etc/nginx/conf.d/ directory on my machine is empty.

user www-data;
worker_processes 4;
pid /run/nginx.pid;

events {
worker_connections 768;
# multi_accept on;
}

http {

##
# Basic Settings
##

sendfile on;
tcp_nopush on;
tcp_nodelay on;
 keepalive_timeout 65;
types_hash_max_size 2048;
# server_tokens off;

# server_names_hash_bucket_size 64;
# server_name_in_redirect off;

include /etc/nginx/mime.types;
 default_type application/octet-stream;

##
# Logging Settings
 ##

access_log /var/log/nginx/access.log;
error_log /var/log/nginx/error.log;

##
# Gzip Settings
##

 gzip on;
gzip_disable "msie6";

# gzip_vary on;
 # gzip_proxied any;
# gzip_comp_level 6;
# gzip_buffers 16 8k;
 # gzip_http_version 1.1;
# gzip_types text/plain text/css application/json application/x-javascript
text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript;

##
# nginx-naxsi config
##
# Uncomment it if you installed nginx-naxsi
 ##

#include /etc/nginx/naxsi_core.rules;

##
 # nginx-passenger config
##
# Uncomment it if you installed nginx-passenger
 ##
 #passenger_root /usr;
#passenger_ruby /usr/bin/ruby;

##