Launching Excel in a production web server on a Mac

Anth Anth lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Feb 5 20:04:21 UTC 2014

Actually, after some more playing around I've finally got something
working!  Well, not exactly, but I'm able to communicate through OSA
instead of appscript (and to be honest, I know very little about this
appscript gem and it's been deprecated anyway, so it's probably for the
best that I rewrite the spreadsheet manipulation code anyway.)

A MILLION thank yous, Scott!  You are a life saver!

Oh, and Jonathan... a lesson for you: just because a question doesn't
make sense /to you/ doesn't make it nonsensical.  I asked a question
that made sense to me, and it also happened to make sense to someone
else who had encountered a similar problem, and we were able to exchange
info that led to me solving my problem... weird, that almost sounds like
what support forums are supposed to be like.  Please keep that in mind
before scolding someone for asking a question you don't quite get.