cache-proxy passes garbled fonts + alias problem

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Thu Feb 6 16:49:45 UTC 2014

Hello,
* I am on FreeBSD_11-current_amd64, using nginx/1.5.8 both as intranet
server:80 and caching proxy:8080 (squid-like)
* I followed this example for the nginx-cache-proxy config file:
http://www.goitworld.com/how-to-use-nginx-proxy-cache-replace-squid/
* My edited nginx.conf file:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q_ikc4Urbq_MDehrFkGKl6In8kTtSaEQ9e7qqTBaT7Q/edit?usp=sharing

THE ISSUES:
1. The squid-like proxy passes some sites with garbled fonts, for
example: http://dha.com.tr.  I suspect problem on that site is
Microsoft -related, as most sites in do not have this issue. Also no
issue when not using the nginx cache proxy.

2. I'm doing soemething wrong with alias, and it does not work.
    location /wp {
       alias /dbhttp/wordpress/;
    fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/www/php-fpm.sock;  }
The browser does not go to page when I type in <IP>/wp or any other alias.

Thanks for your time.