ASP.NET pages with nginx

parnican nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Feb 10 09:55:00 UTC 2014

Hi all,
i would like to use my aspx pages with raspberry and nginx but it seem to be
not an easy goal...
I have tried almost all "tutorials" on the web but i can not find solution
for my issue. With lots of experiments i was able to reach a point where i
can not move forward.

No Application Found
,Unable to find a matching application for request:
,Host	bernolak.dyndns.info:8080
,Port	8080
,Request Path	/Default.aspx
,Physical Path	/var/www/demo/Default.aspx

I'm not sure where is the problem, is this error message(500) generated by
nginx or mono "framework"?
Any help is highly appreciated.
Thanks, Peter

sudo apt-get install nginx
sudo apt-get install mono-complete
sudo apt-get install mono-fastcgi-server4

server {
   listen 8080;
   server_name  bernolak.dyndns.info;
   #root /var/www/demo;
   access_log /var/log/nginx/bernolak.access.log;
    error_log /var/log/nginx/bernolak.error.log;
   location / {
      root /var/www/demo;
      index index.html index.htm default.aspx Default.aspx;
      fastcgi_index Default.aspx;
      fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
      include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
      fastcgi_buffer_size 4K;
      fastcgi_buffers 64 4k;

Added to /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params.
fastcgi_param  PATH_INFO          "";
fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME    $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;

Verified configuration and reload was successfull:
sudo nginx -t && sudo service nginx reload

start the mono server by running this command
sudo fastcgi-mono-server4
/applications=/bernolak.dyndns.info:8080:/:/var/www/demo/
/socket=tcp:127.0.0.1:9000 /logfile=/var/log/mono/fastcgi.log /printlog=True
&

When i reload url i can see error No Application Found, mention above.
Multiple screenshots with this issue are here
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=68858&sid=addea653dc910687553f6957aae1add5

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,247323,247323#msg-247323