upstream sent too big header while reading response header from upstream

rubenarslan nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Feb 10 12:56:22 UTC 2014

Hi Basti,

thanks, I found the SO post myself. I had not set up the directives
properly, so thought the fix didn't work. It does now. I also think they
described a different problem, as in my case no cookies were sent, headers
were fairly small and two requests with pretty much identical headers
sent/received had different results (only 502ed).

I'm very interested in learning what exactly may have caused the message in
my case, so as to know the boundaries in which my requests will work. I now
set the buffer_size to 8K and I don't see failures with Content-Lengths that
go far beyond that (though maybe compression has to be considered?).

Best regards,

Ruben

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,247230,247335#msg-247335