ASP.NET pages with nginx

Jonathan Matthews contact at jpluscplusm.com
Tue Feb 11 13:52:39 UTC 2014

On 11 Feb 2014 13:44, "parnican" <nginx-forum at nginx.us> wrote:

> Just did some experiments with following settings:
> proxy_set_header  X-Real-IP  $remote_addr;
> proxy_pass_header X-Accel-Redirect;
>
> No change:(  ...its time to give up or any ides?

How about using it to set the header that contains the "wrong" setting -
the Host header.

> Also tried:
> proxy_cache_bypass $cookie_nocache $arg_nocache $arg_comment;
> proxy_cache_bypass $http_pragma $http_authorization;
>
> proxy_set_header  X-Real-IP  $remote_addr;
> proxy_pass_header X-Accel-Redirect;
>
> #proxy_pass_request_headers off;
> #proxy_pass http://localhost:9000;
> #proxy_pass_request_body off;
> #proxy_redirect off;
> proxy_buffering on;
>    }
> }

You appear to be throwing crap at a wall and seeing what sticks. I suggest
that you do the absolutely most simple thing that you can get to work (a
Hello world mono app and nginx just passing requests through) and *only*
change things as you /need/ to, one at a time, so you can see what change
breaks things.

Just my 2 cents :-)