Nginx returning 414 even when large_client_header_buffers is set

ct323i nginx-forum at
Tue Feb 11 17:22:48 UTC 2014

Hi spacerobot,

I am encountering a very similar problem with my nginx/unicorn server with
an 11k URI, getting error "HTTP/1.1 414 Request-URI Too Long".

We have also modified the nginx.conf httpd context to include:
    client_header_buffer_size 32k;
    large_client_header_buffers 16 512k;
Which in theory should be more than sufficient to handle this URI...

Could you please give some more information on what you've modified with
Unicorn to allow a larger URI?