rewrite except one directory

Philipp Kraus philipp.kraus at tu-clausthal.de
Sun Feb 16 20:54:47 UTC 2014

Hi,

Am 16.02.2014 um 21:38 schrieb Jim Ohlstein <jim at ohlste.in>:

> With a nested location, or, if all the contents of /home/www/content/scripts are PHP scripts, use a fastcgi_pass.
>
> Remember, all requests are handed by one location, and one location only. Writing instructions for how to handle PHP scripts in one location does not tell nginx how to handle them in other locations.

Thanks, imho my first PHP should be a "global" definition, but I see this is wrong. I'm using the nested version with

    location ^~/scripts.
    {
        alias /home/www/content/scripts;
        location ~ \.php$ {
            fastcgi_pass   127.0.0.1:9000;
            include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;

so imho all PHP scripts in my script location should be run, but at the moment I get also a download, the script is not passed to the PHP fast-cgi process. I call it
with http://myserver/scripts/myscript.php and myscript.php is downloaded

Thanks

Phil