Does $remote_port has to change when streaming ?

Larry nginx-forum at
Mon Feb 17 14:29:54 UTC 2014

Hello !

I tried but cannot trust myself (and what I tried) : when streaming /
playing video in the client browser, does the client's port ($remote_port)
may change ?
in the logs when configuring remote_port

I believe that if the connection is dropped, another port will be assigned,
but in case everything is okay, then the port should remain the same.

Am I right ?

My tests and nginx log analysis didn't show any port change while streaming
a video(luck ? normal ?)