Issue with spdy and proxy_pass

p.heppler nginx-forum at
Wed Feb 19 10:05:40 UTC 2014

I checked Tomcat logs. No errors, just status 200 and zero length. I
appended %v - Local server name to the log to see if $host is passed thru
correct. It is.

And now it's getting weird. I replcaed my complex website (which runs fine
with pure ssl!) with a simple "Hello World" and it works!
Seems the issue was ETag / If-none-match Headers

In my website I set ETag for dynamic pages which don't change frequently, so
there was no need to hit database on every request.
As soon I turn this off, my site works.