Issue with spdy and proxy_pass

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at nginx.com
Wed Feb 19 14:25:22 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 19 February 2014 06:24:41 p.heppler wrote:
> Hmm, just tried adding
> proxy_set_header If-none-Match $http_if_none_match;
> to my config and now it works with spdy to.

Probably it works in this case because browser just shows to you cached page,
that was retrieved earlier over http or https.

> Why do I need to set this manually when using spdy, but not on "normal"
> http/https?
> Weird...

There's no difference between SPDY and HTTP/HTTPS.  In debug logs, that
you have provided, the client didn't send "If-none-Match" and it's normal.

Anyway, missing or presence "If-none-Match" header shouldn't result in
empty responses from your backend.

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev