Minimal configuration

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Feb 20 08:58:58 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 11:16:23PM +0100, B.R. wrote:

Hi there,

> Thanks for your help, Francis!

You're welcome.

> That's an amazingly detailed explanation.

It is. But be aware: it is not actually correct.

It covers some of the common cases, which may be good enough for you for now.

> The differences in behavior
> between 'normal' arguments and the last one are the key but the doc does
> not (cannot?) go into details about them.

To my mind, the first paragraph of http://nginx.org/r/try_files does
say that -- but only if you read it as if it is a technical document,
where every word means something.

Maybe there's room for alternate documentation, which spells out things
in much more details and gives even more examples of how things could
be set up -- but that is likely to be book-length and more quickly
stale. I suspect that if someone wants to write and maintain it, it
would be welcomed.

Anyway -- it's good that you have the answer you were looking for.

Cheers,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org