Combining nginx with a library that manages it's own threads?

Reetesh Ranjan reeteshr at
Fri Feb 21 06:08:50 UTC 2014

Hi Jan,
I guess you are looking for an upstream nginx module to talk to Cassandra in place of the C++ client you mentioned.
I did something similar for talking to Sphinx search platform ( There was a C++ client; but if you want nginx to control all connections, the whole non-blocking I/O etc. you need to really write an upstream module, where all socket read/writes are done by core nginx code and you need to provide only hooks. Your hooks would perform the request-response protocol with the service e.g. Cassandra in your case.