NGINX SSL Session Ticket Key

Nick Zavaritsky mejedi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 18:23:55 UTC 2014

Hello, Maxim!

> The format is "48 bytes of random data", and I don't think that
> compatibility with other software is something to be considered
> here.  Ticket keys are to be used between multiple nginx
> instances, nothing more.

You are certainly right however this looks like an accidental incompatibility
rather than an intentional one. Other cryptographic parameters like encryption
and message authentication algorithms are the same as used by OpenSSL.

I must admit that personally I don't consider this an issue either, just sharing
my findings.

Have a nice day :)