Increase either types_hash_max_size: 1024 or types_hash_bucket_size: 32

Makailol Charls makailol7 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 10:56:37 UTC 2014

Hello,

I got below error after updating Nginx from nginx-1.4.4-1 to nginx-1.5.10-1.

nginx: [emerg] could not build the types_hash, you should increase either
types_hash_max_size: 1024 or types_hash_bucket_size: 32
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

Could anyone explain why this has happened after nginx version update?

I have updated Nginx on two different servers but I faced issue on one
server only.

Thanks,
Makailol