config issue

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Jan 9 19:29:53 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 07:03:49PM +0000, Matthew Ngaha wrote:

Hi there,

> Im trying to set up nginx with django. This is the instruction given:
>
> Symlink to this file from /etc/nginx/sites-enabled so nginx can see it:

That instruction assumes that the nginx config file that is being used
already has something like "include /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/*conf",
so that every matching file will be processed.

Apparently that's not true in this case.

> my only nginx folder is in "/usr/local/nginx" so i don't know what to
> do (I'm on ubuntu btw.) I've tried including the file it wanted me to
> symlink, into my nginx.conf via an "Include" statement but everytime i
> reload nginx, this Include action is causing an error.

"include" is the correct directive to use.

Documentation at http://nginx.org/r/include, in case anything is unclear.

Hopefully the words of the error will be enough to let you find how to
overcome it.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org