config issue

Francis Daly francis at
Thu Jan 9 19:29:53 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 07:03:49PM +0000, Matthew Ngaha wrote:

Hi there,

> Im trying to set up nginx with django. This is the instruction given:
> Symlink to this file from /etc/nginx/sites-enabled so nginx can see it:

That instruction assumes that the nginx config file that is being used
already has something like "include /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/*conf",
so that every matching file will be processed.

Apparently that's not true in this case.

> my only nginx folder is in "/usr/local/nginx" so i don't know what to
> do (I'm on ubuntu btw.) I've tried including the file it wanted me to
> symlink, into my nginx.conf via an "Include" statement but everytime i
> reload nginx, this Include action is causing an error.

"include" is the correct directive to use.

Documentation at, in case anything is unclear.

Hopefully the words of the error will be enough to let you find how to
overcome it.

Francis Daly        francis at