nginx port for

mrblah nginx-forum at
Mon Jan 13 03:18:14 UTC 2014

I have a node application that uses websockets. I'm using a custom config
file like this. However, when I post to the application, the post isn't
appearing in the client side of the application.  Since it's using
websockets to communicate between client and server, i'm wondering if I have
a problem with the port numbers. You can see in my config that the server is
listening on 80, but the proxy_pass is set to localhost:3000.  Should these
numbers be the same? if so can I set Nginx to listen on 3000?

server {
    listen 80;

    location / {
        proxy_pass http://localhost:3000;